How To Get Rid Of Morning Sickness Instantly?
The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) endorsed B6 as a safe and effective means of improving morning sickness nausea and vomiting. The recommended dosage is 10 to 25 milligrams every eight hours but do talk to your health professional before taking B6 for morning sickness.
Nux vomica is a safe homeopathic remedy that can benefit the condition of morning sickness. However, Seattle-based homeopath Miranda Castro recommends taking Nux vomica in a 30c potency twice daily for up to three days and discontinue use once the symptoms diminish. She recommends using it for following symptoms:
Constant morning sickness which is accompanied by a lot of salivae, spasms of retching and difficulty in actually vomiting. If the nausea is worse in the morning, especially when you’re still in the bed, and after eating and is triggered by tobacco smoke. You hate the cold and feel worse when you’re cold and feel better when you’re warm.
Tips to prevent morning sickness:
The remedies shared above are safe and effective to soothe morning sickness and nausea but there are some ways to prevent the condition in the first place. By avoiding nausea triggers, the intensity of discomfort as well as the condition itself can be stopped.
- Avoid spicy, greasy, and fatty foods, instead eat bland foods such as soups, broth, and plain baked potato.
- Stay away from alcohol and caffeine
- Don’t skip meals, or don’t go more than 3 hours without eating.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Don’t take a nap right after a meal because this can increase nausea.
- Get out of bed slowly in the morning
- Avoid cooking in the first trimester as smells of certain foods can trigger morning sickness.
- Prenatal Vitamins can trigger nausea and morning sickness. So instead of popping it in the morning take it at night.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes. Tight fitting clothes can also bring bouts of nausea as anything pressing on the abdomen can be nausea triggering.
Hope you found this post about how to get rid of morning sickness helpful. Have you tried any of these remedies and which one works best to soothe morning sickness for you? Do let us know?