How To Remove Coffee Stains From Carpet, Efficiently?
Lemon juice is another great remedy to remove coffee stains from the carpet. The powerful acidic nature of lemon juice easily breaks down the color which makes it pretty simple to easily get rid of any colored stain; but is mildly abrasive so ensure safety before using it on carpet.
You can either mix it with baking soda and apply on the stain or simply squeeze some fresh juice on the stain. For an additional quick effect sprinkle salt on top of the lemon juice to completely cover the stain. Leave it for few minutes and clean off with wet cloth water.
Dry coffee stains are hard to completely get rid of. So if still, you see any signs of stain after doing all the above steps, go for this last step.
You will need
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water
Combine together baking soda and water to form a thick paste. Make sure that it is safe to use by testing it on an invisible part of the carpet. Once safety assured, spread the paste on the stain and allow it to sit until it dries off. Scrub the dry paste and most likely no stain will be left.
Also read: Remove under Eye Bags with Baking Soda
Rinse and dry
Rinse the stained area of the carpet with cool water. Blot up the water from the carpet using a dry clean cloth and allow the carpet to air dry.
Tips to avoid coffee stains on carpet
With a little effort and careful planning you can really save your carpet from getting stains. follow these simple tips to avoid unsightly stains on carpets.
- Buy a stain-resistant carpet in the first place. These are specifically designed with built-in stain resistance.
- Invest in large bright colored rugs to avoid any damage to the carpet.
- If after a coffee spill you don’t get enough time to work on it sprinkle salt all over the area. The salt will absorb the coffee and less chances will remain of getting a stain.
- Similarly, you can also sprinkle baking soda for the same effect.
- Clean your carpets frequently to keep them in mint condition.
Hope you found this post about how to remove coffee stains from carpet helpful. Did you ever spill coffee on your carpet in a rush and which thing work best to remove it? Do let us know?